Top #2 Merthology Creations Seaweed Silicone Top
Custom made to size and color request.
$180.00 + $50 shipping UK to US, included with a 2nd top. (UK dollars £145) = Total $230
- First message 5/20/17
- Ordered & payment sent 6/12/17
- Production started 7/9/17
- Shipped from the U.K. 8/3/17
- Arrived in Tampa, FL USA 8/7/17
I saw some pictures of a top on Facebook that I really liked. I thought they would make a great addition to my top collection.
I found Merthology Creations on Facebook and FB messaged her about prices and ideas. We FB messaged for a few days about 2 different styles she offered (I decided to get both). All our communication was done on FB messenger. I was worried about the European sizing compared to the US sizing and she calmed my fears by telling me she coverts it for the proper fit.
She kept me in the loop about everything. She double checked what colors I wanted and sent pictures of both tops before they were shipped. It was one of the best custom ordering processes I’ve had.
It is built onto an underwire bra base. It looks like she uses pieces of silicone seaweed to build the top. The cups are molded using the bra but she cuts the edges of the bra down to make it look perfect with the silicone. The painting has several shades of green giving it nice dimension. My favorite is the two pearls above the pink/cream silicone seashell. I think it gives the top a final bit of
It it a robust top that hold its shape really well. The halter strap attaches with Velcro and over time this may be the first thing to wear.
This top is full coverage and VERY comfortable. I love wearing it. The sides are very wide and cover extra “side boob.” The bra is lightly padded but does not have any “push up” padding. It is a supportive top.
The halter strap is also wide and connects with Velcro. This has made for wonderful land/dry gigs because I can adjust the strap for my comfort. I tend to get neck pain with a lot of halter strap tops or swimsuits. It was also OK for the few times I was swimming/floating around my little pool. But as soon as I took it in bigger open water and really swam around in it, the Velcro did NOT hold. Suddenly I was holding to top up with one hand and treading water with the other….I think the can be easily fixed by sewing a hook to the halter.
These photos show one of my first long underwater swims with the top. The first is me swimming and the next is me reaching up to hold the top together after the Velcro came undone. LOL.
- Extremely comfortable
- Has great support and good coverage
- Silicone is thick and very durable.
- The straps on the side do an awesome job covering any extra “side boob” *this is probably my favorite thing about this top.
- The top is unique and I don’t find a lot of other US mermaids with a similar top
- Velcro on the halter comes undone when swimming. (I have very large shoulder muscles). I need to figure out how to attach a good hook to the halter.
- I took a risk and ordered a top from someone who didn’t sell through a website and it worked out really well. But I was prepared for it to have not worked out & me being out the money. (I had a really good feeling about Merthology Creations & I just went with it.)
- Shipping from UK To US can be expensive but for the right price of the goods it can be worthwhile.